High-contact stripper/scrubber without column packing
The Organics stripper/scrubber unit, the Sy-Clone®, is designed for use in a chemical process environment to accomplish the following:
- remove the requirement for packing and trays
- reduce the need for internal cleaning by carrying formed solids out of the process vessel
- reduce the plant height
- improve efficiency
It achieves these objectives by creating a high-impact environment with maximised surface areas, thus facilitating high mass-transfer rates with reduced contact volumes. The technology has been widely demonstrated as viable, reliable and economic in terms of maintenance in many locations around the world.
- high-impact contact between liquor and gases
- high- mass transfer rates to footprint area ratios
- leads to significant savings in maintenance
- highly resistant to blocking
- flow rates available: Liquid rates of 50 to 2,000 cubic metres per day; gaseous flows of up to 20,000 Nm3/hr
- temperature range: System designs can operate from cryogenic temperatures up to approximately 500oC for facilities employing heat recovery techniques
- pressure range: From deep vacuum to approximately 25 bar gauge, subject to application parameters and materials selection. Pressure vessels are ASME UL stamped
- pre-treatment requirements: Coarse filtration for solids over 1 mm diameter.