Build, Own, Operate
Options for finance and operation
The management of landfill gas and leachate on an ongoing basis can be a complex, unexpectedly costly and time consuming activity.
It is often the case that staff responsible for a landfill site may not wish to have key management effort diverted from core business to such peripheral activities. Passing such a responsibility to a specialist company makes it possible to remove the threat of penalties accruing from system failures as well as facilitating the establishment of a clear financial forecast as a basis for management of the issues involved.
Organics offers a range of options under this heading, from straight leasing and lease-purchase to Build Own and Operate (BOO), Build Own Operate and Transfer (BOOT) and Design, Build and Operate (DBO).
- plant financed and operated by a specialist company
- fixed rates for ongoing treatment
- variable rate for flows above base-load
- long-term contracts
full responsibility accepted for plant performance
- No capital investment
- All design, construction and operational issues undertaken by a specialist team having all the relevant skills
- Input from Client's management staff is significantly reduced during the design and construction period
- Input from Client's project management and operational staff is minimised during the operational stage of the project
Minimal concern/liability for plant operations and treatment performance
In order to design a leachate treatment facility there are a number of key parameters that must be established. Principal amongst these are the following:
- The leachate flow rate
- Make-up of the leachate to be treated
Permissible discharge concentrations for the leachate after it has been treated
Subject to the complexity of the treatment facility required, the stages to development of such a turnkey project are as follows:
- Data evaluation
- Manufacturing, installation and commissioning